Polygraph Internship 2018
OpticNerve Performance Group
Week 3, was a bit disjointed compared to the previous weeks. The actors had multiple commitments and because this project was underpaid it meant that the actors needed to take jobs which at times interfered with our rehearsal schedule. This meant that there were a few Pulses that just had two actors in it, but this was still interesting and helpful in contributing to their characters relationships, as there were many relationships that intertwined in the Polygraph text.
I had a meeting with the design team on behalf of Tanya to update them on what we had worked on in rehearsals. I met with Jele Jager (set consultant and builder) and Betty Auhl (set and costume designer). We discussed the performance as a whole as well as the following points for the set:
- must withstand physical abuse
- ? curtain of thick plastic
- ? projection (this was in the text)
- how will we recreate the wall?
- how will we ensure the space feels intimate and not vast and empty
- use of benches, chairs and lights in pulses
This was a great conversation to have as it showed me what was needed to be discussed in order to achieve a stable, safe and creative set.