Polygraph Internship 2018
OpticNerve Performance Group
Week 5 was the week before we went into Theatre Works for production / tech week. We therefore reset the rehearsal space to mimic as close as possible the stage at Theatre Works. This was quite a challenge as there were many people in the space watching the rehearsals. Tanya often had difficulty with this, as for example, the producer needed to be on their computer which distracted from the generating of work in the space. This gave insight into the need of finding a balance between mentoring and teaching younger artists as well as supporting the actors and the work itself.
We set up the space, in the configuration as outlined by the designers. This was helpful as we hadn't done that until this point, so allowed for some adjustments around the form and structure of the show.
Myself, Loraine, Betty and Jele, all went to complete a site recce at Theatre Works. This was a great opportunity to be involved in one of these conversations going over the contract, what can and can't be done in the space and how Theatre Works could support the show in any other way (sourcing/providing materials, tech support etc).
During this week, I also retyped the prompt script for the tech operators. Since we had changed quite a bit of the text and removed most if not all of the stage directions, it would've been too difficult for the techs and the actors to go over their scripts during the run.